As if moving homes isn’t hard enough, moving interstate can be even harder. The planning needs to be meticulous, everything needs to arrive on time and then be unpacked, ready to start your new life in another state.
At Peter Sadler Removals we have completed over 2500 interstate furniture removals over the past 5 years. As a result of our experience, we have a process which ensures that every detail is looked after.
Whilst much of the necessary preparation is simple, there are a few differences between a local removals service and an interstate service. Here are a few tricky ones which you may not have thought of:
- We recommend a two-week minimum prep time for a well-executed local removal. When it comes to interstate, it is best to allow three to four weeks for preparation time. It’s a big country and even more difficult to coordinate the moving process.
- As part of the process, you will be sent an inventory checklist. It’s really important you fill this out as accurately as possible as this determines the vehicle type and staff required for the move. Errors in this can cause delays.
- Ask your Peter Sadler project manager to send over our interstate moving checklist.
- We can organise for the family cars to be transported while you fly to the destination.
- When labelling items, we have a process that ensures each item goes into the correct room at the new location. If you are packing yourself, ensure to take that extra bit of care when packing and labelling boxes.
- Always ensure the power, water and gas are connected before we arrive – there’s nothing worse than a garage door not opening due to no power (speak to your PM about how to do this at no cost through Peter Sadler).
- Finally, and most importantly, it is best to plan a short holiday or weekend getaway with your family while we pack, transport and unpack your items. You will move into your new home relaxed and happy.
The list here is endless. Don’t trust your interstate move with any removalist – go with the best interstate removalist at Peter Sadler Removals. Get a fast quote today!