Our Commitment to Safety and the Environment
Home Safe, Every Time
Peter Sadler understands the critical nature that safety plays in our industry. We consider it our core value. Our priority is ensuring consistently safe operations performed by responsible and experienced operators – every day, and without exception.
We have concentrated our efforts over the past decade in particular on ensuring that safety is the key focus of our people. This has seen a significant improvement in our lost time injuries and incidences. Our safety culture is underpinned by our Safety and Environment policies and is a large component of our employee induction program.
Whether based on the road or in the office, each of our employees undergo an intensive training program covering a variety of safety procedures and policies including:
- Code of Conduct
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Site Safety Rules
- Emergency Evacuation Procedures
- Fatigue and Speed Policy
- Manual Handling & Restraint Procedures
Upon completion of the above modules, each employee is assessed to confirm they have understood all requirements and expectations. Additional training is provided if required and refresher courses are administered throughout the employee’s tenure at Peter Sadler.
Our contributions to a sustainable future
Peter Sadler is serious about the environment, and a big part of our ethos is based around our contributions to a sustainable world. The nature of our daily business necessitates that we undertake all possible steps to ensure our collective future. At Peter Sadler, we work towards ensuring that as a company, we:
- Comply with environmental laws and regulations (all road transport and vehicles legislation) in all of the areas we operate within and across all Peter Sadler stakeholders.
- Consistently explore the impact we have on the environment and develop strategies to negate this impact.
- Create best practices for environmental management within all of our businesses.
- Build a culture of environmental consciousness which permeates through all Peter Sadler stakeholders.
- Commit to establishing business unit-specific environment management strategies for reducing our rate of emissions, energy and waste through improvement initiatives.
- Commit to actively consider the commercial viability of utilising lower emissions technology and alternative energy sources.